Monday, February 4, 2008

mmmmm.

Psalm 63

A psalm of David. When he was in the Desert of Judah.

1 O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water.
2 I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.
3 Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.
4 I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.
5 My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
6 On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night.
7 Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.
8 My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.
9 They who seek my life will be destroyed;
they will go down to the depths of the earth.
10 They will be given over to the sword
and become food for jackals.
11 But the king will rejoice in God;
all who swear by God's name will praise him,
while the mouths of liars will be silenced.



Romans 5:1-5

1Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. 3Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.



2 Corinthians 1:8-9

8We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about the hardships we suffered in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life. 9Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead.



Psalm 3:3

But you, O LORD, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head.



"God is more interested in the character of His people than in quick or easy victories" - Rob Devens



Just this morning, this is what has flooded my mind. God is so faithful. And so good. I'm just in awe and more in love with each day. I just feel like I could explode with all the things I have in me right now. I just want to tell everyone around me. I feel like every Monday I'm like "Oh man yesterday's sermon was so good!" but its true! Yesterday, Todd (not my best friend b/c his voice is creepy sometimes but thats ok) spoke about the necessity of pain in regards to spiritual maturity, and he kept saying over and over that anything that happens is for God's glory and our good. Its so true. And I'm so encouraged by that. God holds every single second of my life in His hands. He truly will work everything for the good of those who love him and are called according to HIS purpose (Romans 8). Man, God is GOOD.

1 comment:

Melina Hunt said...

haha i love your profile pic. it's definately my desktop wallpaper at work! haha. you're gorgeous.

and the security word definately made me think of syphillis.