Friday, May 2, 2008

being hidden

"A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her." -Elisabeth Elliot, Passion & Purity

i've been thinking about this quote a lot lately. not because i'm dwelling a ton on being single (although what single woman doesn't think about it from time to time). but, i really do desire to be hidden in Christ. i don't want to attract anyone because of anything other than Christ. thats what i want to be attractive to others. being hidden in christ has been my biggest prayer lately. its funny because my boss has really prayed that a lot over me, just the idea that i'm like a garden that is hedged in.
i really desire that. to be truly HIDDEN in Christ. if the Lord has a husband for me, i pray that it is only through pursuing Christ that He would find me. i don't want anything less than that.

1 comment:

Melina Hunt said...

sigh.

yes.

i want that.