Monday, May 19, 2008

prayer is good on multiple levels.

so, today, i was in a terrible, terrible funk.  so much so that i couldn't get out of bed this morning and took a personal day.  i just wanted to cry, and complain about my amazing life.  real productive.  to be honest, i've been in this funk for about a week...2 if you count the week i was sick.  anyway, today two things happened.  one of my new roommates had something difficult happen to her today, and so i prayed for her.  and you know what happened?  my own heart felt lighter.  isn't that funny!  when i stop thinking about myself, and fix my eyes and Christ and how He moves in the lives of those around me, my perspective changes.  it happened again when i talked to my "brother" (in quotes because we aren't related by blood, but pretty much should be), and he told me some stuff going on in his life that made me cry, so i prayed for him too and it was like...oh YEAH.  God IS good.  God IS sovreign, and He knows what He's doing.  
So, if you are in a funk, go pray for someone else.  Its miraculous what happens.

And in case you have forgotten this verse, let me remind you of it:

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.


1 comment:

staci with an i said...

good stuff linds. miss you.