Wednesday, June 4, 2008

encouraged by love.

today, as i was meeting with my boss, i just felt overwhelmed with love for God.  and not because of any particular thing thats going on, or anything i'm learning or whatever.  i just felt so...full of gratitude, and just really thankful for everything.  particularly the people i have in my life.  
so many of my friends this week have randomly decided to tell me that they care for me.  to be honest, its hard for me to hear/accept what they say.  because i'm so hard on myself all the time, rarely do i think that i'm worth loving (which is horrifying, i know, and one of the lies that i am diligently battling!).  but this week, hearing those words, they just made me cry, because what they say of me pales in comparison to the love God has for me.  
in addition, there are certain friends i have that make me want to love jesus more.  seeing how my friends make decisions, how they shun the ways of the world in pursuit of christ just blows me away.  i just feel so incredibly blessed to have friends that are little reflections of jesus.  
man, being a follower of christ is great.  even when life gets hard, or i have to deny myself, without hope in jesus, my life has no meaning.  i'm so thankful that He loves me. 
:)

1 comment:

a.mann said...

wow.
i needed to hear this.
i love you!
and i can't wait to see you!
clear the couch...kelly and i are a-coming!