Saturday, July 26, 2008

accepting the imperfections.

so. let me share an insecurity of mine that, to most, seems silly, but to me, is actually serious.



i have this tooth, you see. and when i was younger, i hit it, and had to have a root canal. now its grey. and i HATE it. its in the front, so you can see it when i smile. everytime i smile in a picture, i see it. and i cringe. no one else really sees it. but i do. and it SERIOUSLY bothers me. it makes me feel hideous. its like this glaring imperfection that i wish i didn't have.

today, i went to the beach with some friends. one of them took some photos of me. one i really really liked...except for THE TOOTH. always getting in the way. but i looked at it, and for some reason today, i almost liked that tooth. its an imperfection. its a flaw. but...its mine. and instead of hiding that i'm flawed and imperfect, always trying to cover up reality, i decided to share that picture with the world.



this is what i'm learning right now. to accept that i am flawed. to recognize that in my humanity. to admit to God, myself, and others that i am, in fact, totally depraved, but that by His grace, I have been redeemed.

i am imperfect.

and i'm ok with that.

No comments: