Wednesday, October 8, 2008

no time.

there is so much i could say. but here is something.

a. GOD IS GOOD.
b. honesty is awesome.

god is doing such a crazy work in my heart. its honestly so painful because its a deep, deep issue that he is showing me. i've never seen how utterly sinful i am in such a clear way. there is so much gross stuff in my heart. there is a root...of pride, insecurity, fear of man...its so deep. it hurts god, me, and others. and God is pulling it out. i don't like it because it hurts. a lot. but oh, how i long to be like Christ, and give Him His rightful place on the throne of my heart.

I have so many idols, mostly centered around people. But I don't want to esteem or give value to anyone above CHRIST. When He commands us to have no other gods before Him, His two reasons are 1. I am the Lord and 2. I have redeemed you. How can I have any gods before Him? He is worthy of my whole-hearted devotion simply because He is.

So that is what is going on in my life. Pulling out the weeds instead of just pulling the tops off. Getting to the core of an issue, as part of the process. Submitting to the process with joy. Delighting in God and His love for me. Falling in love with Christ and His creation. Pursuing the Holy Spirit and His path for me instead of my own comfort.

Boy, thats a lot.

OK, bye.

1 comment:

lauren. said...

oh, man. i love you SO much. i wish i knew about your blog earlier!

i miss your guts all the time. i love that God is doing such amazing this with you. i'm sorry that it hurts, but you can complain to me anytime.

how is cali, love???