Saturday, December 29, 2007

so good.

my life is amazing.  i needed the last five days to get out of california and see my family and my lovies.  but its good to be back.  seriously, i love my charlotte family.  and my BFFs.  and my life.  and what god is doing.

its cold in my apartment, but thats ok.  i have a kitchen table.  and i got the office season 3 for christmas. among other toys.  next year, i don't want anything.  its funny, i prayed "god break me of my consumerism" and...my dad gives me an iPhone.  Really?  I never seriously wanted one.  I was content with my little white panatech and my nano.  Don't get me wrong, its sweet.  But I almost wanted to throw up.  I had to take some time and think if i could keep it.  I just feel like...what will people think when they look at me with an iPhone?  That I have $400 to throw away on a PHONE?  What about when I'm talking to a homeless person and my phone rings and I pick it up?  $400 is 200 days of living for most people in the world.  I realize, I didn't buy it.  it was a very kind thought.  A nice gesture.  I just have a hard time with that.  I dunno.  I say all this, but if I returned it, I would not have given the money away.  Because I am a consumer.

Bah.  The end.

No comments: