Tuesday, April 8, 2008

1. Sometimes, i eat strawberries without washing them.
B. My current breakfast cereal is described as "applicious" and "outrageously oaty" (no, its not apple jacks...unfortunately)
III. I love Francis Chan. Everyone needs to get his book Crazy Love on May 1st b/c it will blow your mind. Seriously.

Lastly, I love Psalm 139 right now. Actually, I'm loving scripture. I love how God does that...make me love something that is sometimes confusing and often painful and means I have to change.

You know, that was going to be it, but...actually let me just say something else. I have been really down lately. To the point where other people can see it. It cooresponded with a few things, but mostly that I was relying on myself, and not spending time with the Lord. I have been chasing after, as John Piper calls them, "plastic jewels". And then last night, I spent some good time with Him. Asked myself hard questions. Prayed. I prayed on the way to work this morning. And what do you know, my outlook on today is SO different than it was from yesterday. Not that I seek God for my own gain, but when I am in tune with him, life is sweeter. None of my circumstances changed, but when I FIX MY EYES ON HIM, thats all I see.
And He's beautiful. And the only thing worth fixing my gaze upon.

Mmmmmm!! So good.

No comments: