Friday, April 18, 2008

so encouraged.

god knows me so well. he knows exactly what i need, and when i needed. this week has been the most encouraging week that i have had in a long time.
i feel like i have this renewed fire in me. the passion that i have sought is there. i have chosen to take my eyes off my self, and focus on Christ. and it has made such a difference. last week, praying for the Lord to search me and know me was something i only did half-heartedly. this morning when i prayed that, i wanted that. i truly, truly wanted the Lord to search me, know me, and point out any offensive way in me. and as i asked that, i kind of got a little teary, not because i was sad, but i was full of joy!
the lord's pursuit of me is so sweet! only he would bring me to joyful tears because he is making me more like him. when i stop trying to die to myself, and come to the realization that the power to crucify the flesh COMES from Him, it happens! its such a beautiful thing.
i love submitting to the Lord. i really do. when i really FIX my eyes on Him, on things that are eternal, why wouldn't i submit to Him?
mmmmm.
the end.

No comments: