Monday, January 28, 2008

mystery, motivation, and self-dicipline.

so, i really like lists.  at work, i usually make a list every morning before i start my day.  if i don't, i generally feel overwhelmed by my workload and then start way to many projects with no time to finish any of them.  so tonight i made a list of things i need to do. it is as follows:
-clean room
-work out
-practice guitar
-read

so, i started on task one.  my motivation was moderately high.  then i blew a fuse.  then i realized the fuse box was locked and i had no key.  this gave me an opportunity to talk to my neighbor who i've been wanting to reach out to for a while, and gave me a chance to make plans for coffee with her.  i think it was the Lord that blew the fuse.  i had called her earlier, left a message, but wasn't going to walk accross the hall to see if she got it.  but the fuse situation forced me to. so now we are having coffee.  and thats good.

but what about my plans?  those were all good things!  granted, its only 6:30, ample time for me to accomplish those things.  but now i've lost my motivation.

i'm not one of those people that is self-motivated.  its kind of frustrating.  like, i'll work out if i'm going with someone.  its like my biggest grievance against myself, that i seem to lack  self-dicipline in certain areas.  its a big deal to me that i've managed to floss my teeth and wash my face almost every night for the past month.  thats something we SHOULD do (some of you are like so grossed out b/c i didn't already do that. haha).  i just wish i was motivated to work out, or eat healthy, or...keep my room clean, or...whatever.

 i guess the resolution is  i just need to stop typing and go do what i need to do.


1 comment:

kelstar said...

girl. you got motivation. just in cooler areas (aka, your hair is always amazing, you move to CA, you teach in China, you do cool crafts... :), see amazing...!
i miss your face!!